Welcome to BAA!
Bethel Athletics Association is a community program dedicated to providing children of any skill level with a fun and engaging youth baseball/softball experience. Our league offers the opportunity for children to build friendships, develop their skill levels and just have fun! Our program includes divisions for children ages 3 to 15. During a season each team practices on-field fundamentals and enjoys the excitement of playing games in a competitive environment with teams around Cabarrus County.
We strive to teach our children the importance of good sportsmanship and to be respectful not only to our teammates and coaches but to outside teams as well as our officials. Our goal is to provide a safe, family-friendly environment for all to enjoy!
Winter 2021 Update
First, on behalf of the Board, we thank you for your patience as we have worked to navigate these unprecedented times. We have held numerous discussions on what to do with our programs, and we want to assure you all decisions made are in light of our returning to play safely and ensuring stability of our program.
We are happy to announce the opening of registration for winter sports (basketball and cheerleading) beginning the week of October 11, 2021 and running through November 2, 2021. In order to ensure we have accurate information with respect to participants, note any registration requests made after November 2 are not guaranteed to be honored.
A few additional points to share now in the spirit of transparency:
- As with all considerations in the last few months, our plans will be subject to any additional developments in light of the current pandemic. To the extent guidelines are shifted impacting procedures and recommendations involving our facilities, we will adhere to those procedures and recommendations.
- MAA will observe all reasonable COVID protocols, including requiring masks for all individuals (including players) entering into MAA-hosted facilities, until further notice. We will have the right to refuse entry to those not following communicated protocols, and repeated failure to comply will result in expulsion for the duration of the season with no refund.
- Attendance for events at Bethel Elementary will be limited to those attending a scheduled, occurring game or practice; this is required to ensure we are able to control attendance numbers at any time.
- As part of a new initiative, each team will be required to designate a volunteer for each scheduled practice block and game to assist with enforcement of rules, monitoring of the school space and additional needs. We note this will be in lieu of paying for staffed monitors. Each team will be responsible for scheduling these efforts with the coordinator, and it is expected all participating families will share such responsibilities with other members of the team. Failure to staff for such practice or such game will result in a suspension of practice time for the following week.
- Volunteers will be assisting our coordinators with cleaning and sanitizing our spaces between practices and games.
- In order to ensure safety and cleanliness of our spaces, there will be no food or drink allowed inside Bethel Elementary School. Also, there will be absolutely no lingering in the common spaces (hallways, etc.).
We are working diligently to ensure we can have a safe, successful, uneventful return to play, and we are therefore calling for each of you to support our endeavors in doing so. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact any Board member for further clarification.
We look forward to seeing you soon at Bethel!